General Voice Recorder Features
- Record 1 to 64 audio channels simultaneously on one PC.
- Automatic voice activated, hardware port control or continuous recording modes.
- Signal processing to improve voice intelligibility and automatic level control.
- Find and play recordings ordered by date and channel or from other computers on the local area network.
- Keyword search of recorded audio.
- Save recordings as wav, mp3 or gsm files.
- Automatic file compression.
- Log recording details to an SQL database or to a comma delimited CSV file.
- Mirror recordings to backup drive(s), upload of recordings to FTP server, or send recordings to an email address.
- [Optional] Play a default or customized "recording started" prompt on computer when recording starts.
- Includes an API + SDK so third party programs can control VRS recording VRS software development kit
- VRS RemoteMonitor to listen to remote recording live over a network or internet with TCP/IP streaming.
- VRS RemoteControl to control recordings (including start and stop) from another workstation on network.
Radio Recording and Station Logging Features
- Continuous Recording 24 hours a day (or optional date-time scheduling)
- Breaks recordings into easily manageable hour-long files.
- High compression settings to reduce hard drive requirements.
Telephone Recording Features
- Record up to 64 telephone lines simultaneously and automatically.
- Log dialed number (DTMF tones).
- Provide outbound call audit and cost estimate displays and logs.
- Additional searching by the DTMF number dialed.
- Each workstation can manually start and stop recording on their extensions (ideal for call centers) with VRS RemoteControl.
- Record Voice Over IP (VoIP) phone calls directly over the network
(eg. calls made with Express Talk softphone). More information about VoIP.
- Integrates directly with Axon Virtual PBx by automatically detecting and configuring the VRS recording extensions.
VRS is designed to record 1 - 64 independent channels and processes and stores each channel separately. For a recorder that is more suited to recording many microphones in the same room in a combined synchronous form, you should consider using the MSRS Conference Recorder
. If you are looking to record a single phone line TRx personal phone recorder
may be a better fit.